We’re excited and honoured to feature South Africa’s second largest independent animal welfare organisation on PetlifeSA for one year, starting July 2019.
RECIPE: Yummy Turkey Biscuits
Use some leftover turkey to make these easy homemade biscuits for your furry feline.
1 ½ cups turkey, shredded
½ cup chicken broth
1 cup whole wheat flour (or polenta or semolina)
1/3 cup cornmeal
1 tablespoon soft margarine
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180 °C)
- Add shredded turkey, broth and margarine to a large bowl and blend well
- Add the flour (or polenta or semolina), and cornmeal
- Knead the dough into a ball and roll out to ¼ inch (½ cm)
- Cut into one-inch (2.5 cm) pieces and place on a baking tray
- Bake for 20 minutes
Let the biscuits cool down before serving to kitty.