We’re excited and honoured to feature South Africa’s second largest independent animal welfare organisation on PetlifeSA for one year, starting July 2019.
RECIPE: FROZEN APPLE SUMMER TREATS
Packed with fibre, vitamin A and vitamin C, you can’t go wrong!
A perfect treat for a hot summer’s day that will cool your dog down while enjoying the freshness, and good benefits of apples.
- 2 Apples
- 1 cup of fat-free Greek Yoghurt
- All you need is an ice cube tray or two and your NutriBullet or liquidiser.
- Remove the seeds and the core, and slice the apples into small pieces.
- Blend the apple slices, yoghurt and a splash of water together, until you get a liquid consistency.
- Pour the liquid mixture into the ice cube trays and freeze for a few hours until hard.
- Leftover treats can be stored in a container in the freezer.
* Consult with your veterinarian about any allergies your dog may have. Some dogs may be sensitive to dairy products.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Freezing Time: ±3 hours
Total Time: ±3 hours